Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Walking

About the time I started meditating every day I started walking every day. Twice a day if I'm lucky. I've made it part of my daily routine to take a solid 15 minute break in the morning and again in the afternoon. At this time I just head out the door and walk briskly around the office park. It's just exactly a one mile loop. This is good exercise both physically and mentally. It's so nice to take breaks during the day. Something I've never done before in my career. All part of the work-life balance thing. I try to avoid stressful 50 hour work weeks and spend more time doing things that are healthy for me.

When I die, my inbox will NOT be empty. Might as well enjoy life now.

One problem. It's getting hot. I'm not sure how I'm going to pull this lifestyle change off in the heat of NC summer.

No comments: