Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Meditation

One of the key theme's in Spider Robinson/Robert Heinlein's book, Variable Star, is on meditation. I've done some research on the topic and have been practicing sitting meditation just about every day for about 6 weeks now. It's definitely good stuff. I don't fully understand how it all works just yet, but I enjoy it and feel generally happier and healthier on days when I do it. I've ordered up a meditation DVD from Netflix so I hope to learn more about the topic. Right now I'm just sitting zazen for 15 - 20 minutes each morning and performing a controlled breathing exercise. I concentrate very hard on thinking about nothing. This is very difficult. Hard to achieve but I do seem to have these moments of clarity when I am in a "nothingness trance". All the world's problems seem to melt away when I hit this state.

No comments: