Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Wired Reviews

Cool things to keep track of in issue 14.09: Oddly, nothing. Kind of a music heavy issue. Not my thing really.

How about issue 14.10? The Biofuels are coming! And so is the Petabyte Age where all info is stored somewhere on in the internet cloud.

That reminds me. I just signed up with Carbonite to backup home PCs. I've been waiting for the right product in this space to mature and this looks like it. Zero-maintenance, secure PC backup.

Lessee, issue 14.11: Very interesting piece on The New Atheism. This piece more than anything else has really convinced me that it's not only all right to be an atheist but to begin to be assertive about it. Notes: atheism may indeed be the last class of folk it's ok to be bigoted against. I've made a conscious choice though to no longer fret about religion as a personal belief system and to not raise my kids with any sort of religion. Of course, when they want to experiment with different belief systems I'll be supportive and answer their questions to the best of my ability. I think the most important thing I can teach them is to think critically about religion and all things.

No comments: