Friday, September 01, 2006

Carbon Credits Come to California

Got this note in my email from Environmental Defense, a group to which I contribute. Praise be. Now if I could just figure out how to get my power company to embrace renewable energy. Why we're not throwing up solar plants across the countryside I do not know.

Yesterday's passage of the Global Warming Solutions Act (AB 32) in California is an incredible achievement and gives huge momentum to our efforts to pass a national global warming cap. The bill, co-authored by Environmental Defense,
sets a statewide cap on global warming pollution and creates incentives for businesses and entrepreneurs to invest in clean energy technological innovations.

The Washington Post pulls no punches.

With the Bush administration sitting on its hands, state governments are emerging as the principal actors in reducing U.S. dependence on the fossil fuels responsible for greenhouse gas emissions.

Seems ironic that Republican Arnold is the one that's going to lead us to environmental enlightenment. I guess out there even the GOPers aren't too evil.

NPR News

No comments: